Assessment Delivery Officer – £16.36ph Plus hol pay - Central London
Fully Office Based
The working hours will be: 9:00am - 17:00pm, Monday - Friday and late evenings are to be worked on a rota basis.
Start: 24th April 2023
End: 28th May 2023, initially
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The post-holder will be expected to be self-directing, willing and keen to ensure delivery of key tasks in the assessment delivery process They will be primarily responsible for the collection of exam scripts by departments, ensuring that all records are filed appropriately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handing out scripts to the departmental representative, ensuring that ID is checked.
- Responsible for the timely filing of all associated paperwork.
- Assist in the receipt of exam scripts from all Examination Halls.
- Working as part of the Central Assessment Team in supporting the operational delivery of assessments, processing Assessment Query Forms and making decisions on applications from students on Technical Failure Claims.
- Ensure effective communication with line manager and other members of the team regarding work in progress.
- Assist the other teams within the section.
- Staff may be subject to the following, as determined at the discretion of the Head of Department: restrictions on the taking of annual leave during the main enrolment period of each academic year, assessment preparation times and during each central assessment period.
- The post holder will be required to work overtime over and above their contracted hours during the week and at weekends up to, and including, the examination periods.
- Experience of working in an administrative role in a busy office environment.
- Experience of overseeing and being responsible for a filing system.
- A good understanding of the culture within higher education or a similar environment.
- Knowledge of examinations and assessment administration.
- Basic numeracy and literacy, especially with relevance to filing and filing systems.
- Able to complete high-volume and repetitive tasks to consistently high standards of speed and accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise work and think clearly and work calmly to meet deadlines under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and take responsibility.
- Ability to work as part of a team and share relevant information.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a conscientious approach to checking the accuracy of information.
- The flexibility and adaptability to work effectively in a busy environment and to respond quickly to urgent or unexpected demands.
- Self-motivated, confident with the ability to persevere in order to achieve objectives.
- A readiness to work the overtime required at certain times of the year.
- The ability to safely undertake the lifting and handling of heavy boxes.
- Responding to colleague, student and stakeholder needs with the intention to provide an excellent service.
- Working methodically, prioritising and managing tasks.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.