Wonderful opportunity to join an organisation who conduct research on cutting edge topics including Cyber Defence, Organised Crime and Policing, Open-Source Intelligence and Analysis, Proliferation and Nuclear Policy and Terrorism and Conflict.
The role of Bid and contracts Manager will support the researchers in the preparation of bids for a wide range of research funders including UK and foreign governments, corporates, grant-giving institutions and others funders.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a self-starter with some previous knowledge of the requirements when submitting research funding bids, an ability to review/produce budgets and a basic understanding of contractual matters.
- Working with the Senior Bids Manager and in consultation with other teams, assisting with the coordination of high-quality research bid submissions
- Communicating with researchers on important bid criteria such as the evaluation criteria, key themes, submission deadlines
- Reviewing research project budgets
- Maintaining up to date research bid support documents such as Duty of Care policy, Risk Assessments, Quality Assurance procedures, and other support documents that are regularly required from funders in the UK and overseas
- Holding the log in details to access funding portals in order to assist with notifying teams of funding opportunities and manage and submit completed bids
- Horizon scanning for potential funding opportunities
- Establishing strong relationships with all research teams in London, Brussels and Nairobi - in particular working closely with the Project Officers/Project Managers, Finance team and In-House Solicitor at the contract stage
- Working with the In-House Solicitor to review draft contracts identifying an potential key issues in those contracts and potentially negotiating those issues with the third party then
- Reviewing Statements of Work and budgets in conjunction with the relevant researchers and/or Project Officer/Project Manager.
- Finalising, collating and arranging for the signature of finalised contracts liaising with the authorised signatories
The chosen candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience of preparing research bids and budgets and/or grant proposals
- Basic understanding of contracts and the ability to populate/amend template documents as well as negotiating the key issues
- Excellent IT skills especially excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management qualifications such as Prince
- Ability to assist with writing bid proposals, would be desirable.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work under pressure with attention to detail
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve agreed goals
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.