Are you a compassionate problem-solver with a passion for making a difference in people's lives? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can utilize your exceptional communication skills to help individuals access support systems? Look no further - an exciting opportunity awaits you!
We are actively seeking a dedicated and empathetic Case Manager. As a Case Manager, you will play a pivotal role in coordinating mediation for a diverse clientele, ensuring they receive the highest level of support. This is your chance to be a catalyst for positive change in the lives of individuals. Based in bright open offices in North London you will be fully trained on the processes and procedures you need to administer to meet service level agreements.
Why Choose this role?
Meaningful Work: Be part of a compassionate team that empowers individuals and families to overcome obstacles and improve their quality of life. Your work will have a direct impact on the well-being of clients, giving you a sense of fulfillment and purpose.
Collaborative Environment: Join a collaborative and supportive work environment where teamwork and open communication are valued. They believe in fostering a culture of inclusivity, where diverse perspectives are embraced and celebrated.
Professional Growth: My client is committed to your personal and professional development.
The role will involve:
- Providing information and guidance via telephone to all parties involved in mediation.
- Being responsible for all practical arrangements surrounding the mediation process including agreeing and booking venues, assigning a mediator and ensuring all relevant paperwork is compiled and available to aid the mediation.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records and documentation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in case management or a related field, preferably in a healthcare or social services setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish trust with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Proficiency in utilizing case management software and computer applications.
If you are driven by a passion for helping others, possess excellent problem-solving skills, and thrive in a dynamic environment, we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity.
Gray Agency Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and at least two independent references.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.