Centre Administrator – £15.32ph plus Hol Pay – Remote working
Start ASAP to 23rd April 2021 initially
We are recruiting for an experienced Centre Administrator to join one of London’s leading Universities. If you have previous experience gained within a Higher Education institute, please do get in touch!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing general administrative support including administering the virtual learning environment, Moodle, and the day-to-day scheduling of teaching and learning activities such as 1:1 tutorials, In-Sessional and workshops.
- Acting as a key contact point and providing clear advice, guidance and information to students, potential students, colleagues, and external stakeholders. Liaising with other departments and external groups; Developing, maintaining and reviewing effective manual and computer-based information and filing systems.
- Drafting high-quality correspondence and e-communication and assisting with the preparation of management information and related financial administration ie raising purchase orders or organising related invoice approval.
- Contributing to the continuous monitoring of all provision activities and providing support for the future accreditation of the course.
- Assisting with induction, support and mentoring arrangements for new tutors and student helpers during peak periods.
- Taking a lead on specific activities and initiatives from time to time, to develop and improve processes and procedures.
- Undertaking other duties commensurate with the level of this role as may reasonably be requested.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment, with excellent administration skills and an organised and flexible approach to work
- Experience of designing, developing, maintaining, reviewing and improving administrative, management and information systems and financial administration
- Experience of working in Higher Education and the requirements of supporting a diverse student body; as well as knowledge of issues relating to HE administration
- Excellent IT skills, including email, the internet, familiarity with the maintenance of a virtual learning environment (such as Moodle), software, and particular strength in Excel, Word, and using databases
- Excellent record keeping skills and the ability to conduct analyses using spreadsheets and databases including the ability to interpret and disseminate information appropriately to high standard of quality in terms of presentation and accuracy
- The ability to assess a situation and take appropriate follow-up action including being able to prioritise under pressure, work accurately and meet tight deadlines, exercising initiative and managing priorities whilst also being an active member of a team, as appropriate
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Building rapport and being comfortable with others across different cultures and backgrounds
- Working methodically, prioritising and managing tasks
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.