Communications and Marketing Officer – £15.32ph plus Hol Pay – Central London
Two months initially
One day will be office based, the remaining time remote
We are recruiting for an experienced Communications and Marketing Officer to join one of London’s leading Universities.
- Assisting with creating the monthly newsletter (Mailchimp. Soon to be DotMailer).
- Adding/creating content and images.
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to (GDPR, accessibility, etc)
- Editing Drupal website
- Supporting in organising and delivering virtual events, Open Days and similar departmental events.
- Support with gathering information to create content for the department.
- Copywriting press releases and content for newsletter and similar platforms in the appropriate tone.
- Editing SharePoint internet site
- Various ad hoc activities - a flexible approach is required.
- Support with virtual events - involving helping out with open days, preparing a landing page with content, adding the content to the site, liaising with colleagues to ensure attendance. Supporting with the event organisation and the setup
- Experience of working within a large department is essential, someone who has experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Must be extremely organised and able to use own initiative
- HE or Public sector experience would be a bonus but only if they have worked within a large department/area
- Someone who has worked on virtual events would be helpful
- Confident when speaking to stakeholders, good communicator
- Role is very fast paced and involves a lot of ADHOC tasks, so you need to be able to prioritise and jump between tasks easily
- Experience of managing/organising meetings, events or projects
- Knowledge of social media platforms and how they can be used to communicate and engage with different audiences
- Ability to copywrite and create content in the appropriate tone
- Experience in editing SharePoint
- Experience of using web based software to send and monitor e-newsletters (e.g. Mail Chimp, DotMailer)
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.