Data Input Assistant - £13.15ph plus Hol pay - Hybrid Role
End: Six months initially
We are looking for a candidate with excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to providing accurate data inputting with experience within a HE environment.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The post holder will be responsible to the Accounts Payable Manager, and will be based in the Accounts Payable section, which deals with the purchase ledger including payments to suppliers, staff and students. The focus of the role will be inputting invoices and expenses to the system using Oracle and PO matching.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supplier Invoice Input
- Perform detailed checking of invoices to ensure they meet financial regulations.
- Match high volume of invoices to Purchase Orders.
- Raise queries with departments/suppliers as necessary and send memo/email to departments to inform them of correct procedure to follow.
- Investigate invoice matching exceptions and resolve overdue payment holds.
- Amend supplier records as necessary.
- Dealing with queries and requests to the AP Invoice Helpdesk from suppliers and departmental staff.
- Receive requests for new suppliers to be entered and existing suppliers to be amended on the financial system (FIS).
- Verify information given on requests and contact departments with any queries.
- Set up new/amend existing suppliers on FIS, in accordance with the section service standard.
- Archive all requests.
- Distribute Accounts Payable post to the appropriate member of staff.
General Office Duties:
- Archiving, scanning and filing.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.