DBS cleared Personal Assistant to the Senior Management team - £17.95ph - £20.51ph plus hol pay – South East London
Immediate start to the end of Feb 2022, possible temp to perm opportunity
We are recruiting for a highly experienced Personal Assistant to provide administrative support to the senior management team within an award winning Independent school.
* You MUST be available to start immediately and have a valid, current DBS *
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous executive or personal assistance experience, at a senior level. The Senior Management team is looking for a highly competent and expert administrator who would enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced, and dynamic office environment. The successful post holder will be highly organised and provide first class administrative and secretarial duties. The role is varied and interesting and requires high levels of organisation, professionalism, discretion, and sensitivity.
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining the team, after the School's success in winning Independent School of the Year and current £24m ambitious expansion plans in play.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage the busy and complex diaries, ensuring that meetings are arranged with consideration for various priorities and attendees' teaching timetables, as well as ensuring the most effective use of the time.
- Act as the first point of contact for staff, parents, and visitors to the office.
- Oversee incoming emails, post, and phone calls, prioritising and drafting responses, where appropriate.
- Organise internal and external meetings, booking appropriate rooms and/or venues. Ensuring the required equipment, catering, invitations, agendas and any reading materials are prepared well in advance.
- Attend meetings, taking accurate notes and action points and distributing agreed minutes promptly.
- Organise Governor Committee Meetings, Panel Hearings, Inductions, Visits, Training and maintain accurate records
- Co-ordinate the Senior Manager's 'daily file' and ensure effective and accurate filing of documentation, both electronic and paper systems.
- Coordination of the master policies list, including relevant reminders for review and associated administration.
- Draft a range of emails and letters in response to parent and staff correspondence.
- Proofread documentation and letters.
- Plan, book and prepare all travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Provide a warm welcome to all meeting attendees, including the provision of appropriate refreshments.
- Manage a variety of annual administrative tasks, providing reminders, as necessary.
- Be the main contact for all tenants residing in the College Properties, responding promptly to their requests, organising, and administering contracts and security deposits.
- Maintain a range of spreadsheets, databases, questionnaires ensuring that accurate and up to date data is held at all times.
- Manage the GDPR data breach log, liaising with the Bursar as necessary.
- Maintaining and promoting the College's corporate identify and brand at all times.
- Previous experience in a PA/EA position, providing support to Senior Management.
- Must be DBS cleared, with a valid, current certificate.
- Experience of working in a busy, fast-paced, office environment.
- Advanced level user in all the key Microsoft Office 365 packages.
- Excellent literacy/numeracy skills.
- Competent in the use of IT packages, cloud-based platforms, Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a 'customer service' approach.
- Extremely organised, with an ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines under pressure
- High levels of accuracy with close attention to detail.
- A flexible in approach and a willingness to respond to changing priorities.
- Warm and friendly manner, with an ability to work effectively with Students, Staff, Parents, Visitors and Governors.
- Ability to use own initiative, to ensure the smooth operations of the organisation.
- A genuine commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.