Deputy Academic Services Manager
An exciting hybrid (60/40) opportunity for an experienced Academic Services Professional within Higher Education, to join one of the UK's most recognised Academic Institutes. The role leads and organises the operational workload and timeline for the Programme Administration team.
The role requires strong team leadership with demonstratable management experience and the skill to communicate effectively at all levels. The post holder will support the delivery of key processes including induction, enrolment, assessment and retention related activities. The role supports key planning activities for academic departments and manages the interface between departments and other areas of the institute.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Assist the Academic Services Manager in successfully delivering in all matters of University administration.
- Provide positive leadership to the administration team, enabling in the delivery of objectives and development.
- To ensure an excellent customer service experience through all channels of communication.
- To provide management information and reports, clearly communicating to internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate departmental responses and requests for information between departments.
- To assist in Institutional wide implementations and projects.
- To ensure that the administration duties adhere to Academic Regulations and Quality Assurance standards.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Demonstratable Leadership and Management experience.
- Experience of similar duties/experience within the Higher Education sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstratable commitment to customer service.
- Ability to liaise and network effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong organisation and time management skills including the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.