Engagement Support Assistant - £14ph - £15ph – Central London
Immediate start until July 2022. Term time only. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced educational professional within a single sex secondary school, judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in every category in their most recent Ofsted report
Post responsibilities will include:
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders to ensure high standards of student behaviour, attendance and uniform
- Support teachers and Head of Year with delivery of Collective Time, behaviour systems, assemblies, PSHCE, extra-curricular options and relevant year group events
- Develop individualised support plans for behaviour and attendance
- Use specialist guidance to inform leading, monitoring and evaluating intervention sessions.
- Liaise with external agencies to ensure effective student support.
- Provide lesson cover for colleagues and attend trips and visits.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working within an educational environment or with young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to given deadlines
- Knowledge of different learning styles and needs
- Proven tact and diplomacy when dealing with adults and young people
- Committed to being a role model for staff and students in relation to overall conduct, including dress code, attendance and timekeeping
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Gray Agency Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and at least two independent references.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.