Events Officer - £19.32ph Plus Hol Pay – London
Duration: 3 months
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the administration, coordination and management of events, including Graduation Ceremonies and other events.
- Assist the Event Managers in the recruitment, training and supervision of temporary staff and volunteers supporting events.
- Responsible for financial record keeping.
- Be the first point of contact in relation to all student and guest queries for graduation ceremonies by telephone and email.
- Update web information relating to graduation ceremonies and other events.
- Provide information and support through the use of social media technologies.
- Updating and maintaining the public Events online calendar.
- To manage several shared inboxes, including the Graduation inbox and the Events inbox and respond to both internal and external queries appropriately and in a timely manner.
- To manage the booking and loan system of university’s corporate event display materials.
- To organise all event materials kept on site.
- To be the first point of contact (along with the Event Managers) for event queries.
- To undertake administrative tasks involved in setting up and organising events, such as recording responses and preparing event signage and name badges.
- Knowledge of the HE Sector, in particular student services management and administration.
- Experience working with undergraduate and graduate (UK and international) programmes.
- Experience of event management or event management support.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Experience of working with a website based on a content management system.
- Experience of managing budgets or doing financial reconciliation.
- Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of MS Office software, electronic communication and web-based work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.