6 month booking. possible temp to perm. Great role working in a friendly collaborative team. If you have previous finance/accounting experience and enjoy working in a busy office this could be the role for you. Working within a school group trust you will be exposed to a range of finance activities including:
- Purchase and sales ledger
- Bank reconciliation, BACS procedures, producing reports
- Processing staff expenses
- Preparing BACS payments
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Managing Petty Cash postings
- Financial Data Entry
- Reconciling school accounts at least monthly and up to date
- Prepare invoices
- Perform routine financial activities
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Carry out month end postings / reconciliations to support the business manager in preparation of month end reports.
- Providing financial administration support during budget preparation
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstratable experience working in a finance/accounts role undertaking tasks similar to those outlined above.
- Have the initiative to priortise their work
- Have great attention to detail
- Have strong excel skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Be keen and interested in providing finance/accounts support to the School Business Manager.
Experience working in schools or a similar environment would be an advantage. However, the most important factor is a good attentive finance/accounts person who wants to join a busy team.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.