We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, highly effective Finance Officer to join a very successful, heavily over-subscribed school with an outstanding ethos where staff are supported to become the best.
Rated recently as 'outstanding' for a second time by Ofsted. The ideal candidate will be an excellent, inspiring practitioner passionate about raising aspirations and improving educational outcomes. They should have a proven track record in leading improvement, be a clear-thinking role model, and possess dynamic and innovative leadership skills with a focus on high-level interpersonal abilities.
The selected candidates will have the opportunity to undertake a Chartered Accountancy qualification paid for by the employer on top of their salary should they wish to.
We will also consider part qualified or qualified personnel to join the organisation at a Senior level with an increased pay grade.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the accounts of the School/Trust
- Operate the finance policy in accordance with Trust Financial Manual
- Maintaining appropriate procurement and contract records
- Debtor and creditor management
- To deal with external enquiries regarding finance office activities
- Provide relevant staff with accurate accounts and updates when requested
- Bank Reconciliation processes
- Agreeing and maintaining accurate spreadsheet accounts and directed
- Production of financial reports as requested
- Responsible for preparing year end accounts for auditors to trial balance alongside DOFO and as directed
- Support and train other finance staff in key areas as directed by the DOFO
- To carry out other duties as requested by the Headteacher/DOFO and/or CEO
- Work with Internal and External Audit as required
The successful candidate will be:
- Proven experience of working in a finance environment
- Able to produce financial reporting and able to deliver to senior stakeholders
- An excellent practitioner who can enthuse and inspire
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of leading improvement
- A role model and champion of learning
- Clear-thinking and outward-looking
- Dynamic, innovative and hardworking
- A leader who is able to demonstrate high-level interpersonal skills
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.