HR Admin Assistant - £13.15ph, plus Hol pay – Hybrid role
END: August 2022
We are looking for a professional, patient and courteous candidate with a positive attitude towards colleagues, students and all internal and external staff across the school, with a commitment to high quality service delivery in a customer focused environment within HE
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The post is a generalist role with a focus on a range of activities including but not limited to:
- HR Policies and Procedures
- Operational and Best Practice
- Payroll and Recruitment and Selection.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the role involves interaction with a wide variety of people, as well as being the first point of contact for a high number of HR related enquiries.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
HR Policies and Procedures
- Candidate must have working knowledge and awareness of the various university terms of employment and associated policies
- Disseminate and explain policy and procedural information to managers and academic staff through appropriate and effective methods Operational and Best Practice
- To liaise with Human Resources contacts including: HR Adverts, HR Business Partnering HR Services, Learning and Development, Payroll and other teams to build and develop effective working relationships
- Assist in ensuring line managers are informed and complying with probationary meetings/reviews and appraisals that are due. This will include following up the timely completion of forms/documents to HR and centrally as needed
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring of Fixed Term contract end dates, identifying where meetings need to be arranged (within required timescales) ahead of posts and funding ending and/or submitting contract changes where posts are extended
- Processing of new contracts, changes to appointment /funding and leavers using Service in Partnership (SiP) HR system, responding to queries on annual leave and salary calculations
- Responding to a large volume of e-mails and enquiries received through the HR shared inbox. Prioritising and assisting with managing the inbox by setting up folders and filing e-mails once actioned
- Co-ordinate the arrangement of schemes for Visiting Professors, Honorary Fellows and Affiliate Academics. Maintaining relevant records and contact details for individuals on the schemes
- Support visitors with systems access, IT and e-mail accounts, ID cards and library rights by setting up visits and making requests through Services System
- Ensuring all records relating to HR & Staffing are accurately maintained, regularly up-dated and kept in accordance with GDPR/Data Protection legislation
- Previous experience of working within Human Resources e.g. Operations, Payroll and/or Recruitment
- Experience of dealing effectively with a variety of people and enquiries at all levels, both in person and via e-mail
- Experience of organising a varied workload with competing demands whilst meeting deadlines and exercising initiative
- Experience of using a range of computer software packages including MS Office, email, internet and Excel. Ability to learn and use new systems quickly
- Experience of working within Further or Higher Education or a similar educational environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a busy environment; providing proactive, creative and practical solutions as needed
- An understanding of the confidential nature of work and the ability to deal with sensitive information in a professional manner
- Good administration skills and a proactive approach to providing a comprehensive administration service
- Ability to develop, maintain and review administrative and computerised systems
- Ability to work independently, proactively and as part of a supportive team with a flexible approach to changing priorities
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.