IT Services Officer - £19.44ph plus holiday pay
Hybrid role – Central London
Start ASAP for three months initially
An exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Services Officer to join a leading UK University, to take on a role with many technical challenges and to take ownership of such! One day you may be focusing on imaging and deployment of computers across the entire School, the next your focus may be on refurbishing computer classrooms, and helping customers with video-conferencing. Your role will be a good mix of support and small projects; you will be covering a wide range of activities and meeting a wide range of people.
You will also be part of the rota system having a regular weekly shift on the helpdesk.
- Contribute to IT projects that may involve supervising temporary staff and may provide the opportunity for you to lead on certain projects.
- Installation and deployment of laptops, PCs and other devices.
- Maintain up-to-date installations on all School PCs and laptops.
- Assist in maintaining helpdesk records and documentation, making regular contributions to the knowledgebase, particularly in relation to student IT services and user instructions.
- Train new or existing team members in your area(s) of expertise as required.
- Support teaching in the Lecture Theatres, Computer Classrooms and Teaching Rooms across the school.
- Liaise effectively with other departments around the school to arrange and deliver IT requirements for meetings, seminars and events.
- Experience of working in an IT service desk environment preferably in an educational environment.
- Practical experience of providing hardware support for networked PCs and laptops.
- Experience in supporting a broad range of Windows applications, including MS Office and e-mail.
- Supporting IT requirements for events and seminars.
- Supporting and operating Audio-Visual equipment.
- A good understanding of network infrastructure and protocols. Including supporting wireless networks on a wide variety of devices including tablets and mobile phones.
- Supporting Windows desktop operating systems.
- Experience of logging calls onto a helpdesk system, working to SLA’s, with helpdesk procedures and guidelines.
- Multimedia applications and management.
- Video and Audio-Conferencing technology and practices.
- Well-developed communication skills: verbal, written and in presentations.
- A focus on results – consistent delivery of services.
- The ability to think logically and to track faults methodically and resolve them.
- A strong customer focus – demonstrating a thorough understanding of customer needs.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.