A great opportunity to join this ever-growing professional membership organisation within their Finance Department. As a Management Accountant, you will oversee the day-to-day financial activities of the organisation, with ownership on this year’s filing of the Company’s accounts abiding to FReM. Your responsibilities include preparing precise management accounts and ensuring compliance with government guidelines. Your attention to detail is key. The role will require previous experience of dealing with FReM guidelines is a must. The role is hybrid reporting into the Director of Resources on a 6-7 month FTC.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintaining good financial records including verifying, posting, allocating and filing financial transactions to a good standard.
- Ensuring the Companies financial statements and other accounting records comply with the Government’s requirements under FreM
- Maintaining and balancing ledgers, reconciling bank accounts, and supporting the preparation of financial schedules in line with sound bookkeeping and accounting procedure.
- Ensuring the Companies financial policies and procedures documents are kept up to date and remain fit for purpose.
- Liaising with the Board’s auditors and advisors to facilitate the annual external audit and any internal audit assignments which may be undertaken.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Holding or working towards a CCAB (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS).
- Knowledge of the Governments Finance Reporting Manual (FreM)
- Excellent understanding of financial accounting standards.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a finance environment, including preparing management accounts, cash flow forecasts, banking reconciliations and supporting budget preparation.
- Ability to take a flexible, adaptable approach and responding to shifting priorities and a rapidly evolving external environment.
- Experience of working in a corporate governance capacity.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to deliver complex information to Senior stakeholders.
- Experience of using Sage would be a benefit.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.