Outreach Learning Mentor, £24,000 pa - South West London
Start date – asap
Must have own transport
DBS will be required
12 month contract possible transfer to perm.
We are currently recruiting for a Post 16 Learning Mentor to work for a social enterprise located in Richmond. It is a marvellous opportunity to join a dedicated team and make a difference to young people’s lives. If you are an experienced Learning Mentor with an enhanced DBS then we would love to hear from you!
The role will require you to:
- work under the direction of the Headteacher of the Virtual School to support and develop the aspirations and achievement of the students.
- support students who are referred for targeted intervention in conjunction with other colleagues working in schools aiming to reduce absence and exclusion and promote engagement and positive outcomes.
- support services for those who may be temporarily out of mainstream provision.
- maintain records, prepare reports and participate in the general administration of the school
- liaise with parents, carers, social workers, young people, schools and other agencies and services to enhance the support and provision of looked after children.
- take a key role in supporting and monitoring Transition for new into care, emergency school moves and natural transitions from Year 6/7, Year 11/12 and beyond.
- work with other Virtual School staff to support the development and implementation of ePEPs for Looked After Children.
- work pro–actively with schools to establish alternative strategies to fixed term and permanent exclusions for Looked after Children.
- be proactive to ensure that the services provided by the Virtual School are efficient, effective and child centered and maintain high expectations for outcomes for Looked After Children
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray Agency Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and at least two independent references.