P/Time Department Coordinator – £18.93ph plus Hol Pay – Central London
Start 16th June 2021 for one month initially, possible extension
18.25 hours per week
We are currently recruiting for an experienced part time Department Coordinator to join one of London’s leading Universities. This role will run for 18.25 hours per week.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist with the day to day coordination of department. The post holder will provide a first point of contact for and lead in the delivery of departmental activities to assist in the expansion in the work of the department.
The post holder should have both excellent people and research skills and be prepared to engage with a diverse group of partners, speaking both with academics, industry and clinicians. They should be approachable, familiar with technology, and event organisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of open days.
- Creation and strengthening of relationships between relevant stakeholders.
- Provide effective operational support and project management for projects/activities undertaken by the network with overall responsibility for operational delivery and marketing/advertising. This includes events and workshops, run remotely or in-person when allowed.
- Develop and maintain relations with stakeholders by acting as their primary point of contact.
- Work and liaise effectively with appropriate partners to ensure the set-up and delivery of projects to time and target.
- Working with the leadership to identify and resolve any issues throughout the life cycle.
- Prepare and plan meetings on behalf of the leadership, including steering committee meetings.
- Prepare meeting minutes and reports for wider dissemination, including follow up and successful delivery of actions where appropriate.
- Compile funding opportunities and support partners with applications
Management, Advice & Reporting
- Act as a first point of contact, answering queries or directing them on as appropriate.
- Provide day to day administrative support to staff on all administration processes, including contributing and suggesting ideas for the improvement and development of the support functions of the Network.
- Monitor and manage budgets and prepare and comment on financial statements/reports.
- Responsible for undertaking internal reviews and assisting Line Manager by collating and analysing data on department activities to submit internally.
- Assist in undertaking background research, collating and analysing data/information for reports, such as impact capture, business cases for new programmes, and supporting funding bids.
- Handle the administration associated with the network including report writing.
Records & Database Management
- Oversee, create and update members records.
- Maintain records of information on workshops and other events.
- Develop and maintain a database of members and contacts, such as Academics, Clinicians, business partners, charities, Government and others.
- Collate relevant information and coordinate creation of success stories, impact monitoring and lessons learnt.
Publicity and Events
- Promote networking activities and workshops, providing information/data to external sources, organising activities and preparing press releases and promotional materials.
- Support the design and maintenance of the virtual innovation hub.
- Lead organisation of events including, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Design promotional materials for events / activities.
- Ensure activities, and respective outputs are tracked for future evaluation.
Networking & Committees
- Network and communicate with academics, clinicians and industry partners to form relationships for future collaboration and share best practice.
- Assist with arranging a wide range of meetings and committees including management meetings, advisory board meetings and ensuring accurate minutes are taken.
- Experience of managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g.: academia, industry, policy, and other sectors).
- Experience of event planning and management.
- Experience of establishing, managing and maintaining databases.
- Experience of organising and servicing committees including taking minutes.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT software including Word, Excel, email, the internet, and the ability to update and maintain websites.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation).
- Ability to research and extrapolate information using the internet and databases.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure, manage workload and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to collate and present information to inform reports for a variety of uses.
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A high level of accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build good relationships with colleagues and external partners.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.