P/Time Front of House Assistant – £13.15ph plus Hol Pay – Central London
Start 19th July 2021 for three months initially
This role will run for three days per week and will be fully office based
We are recruiting for an experienced Higher Education professional to join one of London’s leading Universities. This role will be fully office based and will run for three days per week.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Line Manager and other designated staff, the role holder will provide communications and administrative support to departmental staff. This will include arranging meetings, room bookings, minute taking, logistical support with events (Including marketing & communication), managing general departmental responsibilities, such as post, suppliers, couriers and other administrative support. The role holder will also be responsible for updating the departmental website & social media accounts, as well as supporting on other digital communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications and digital content
- Update the departmental website and social media accounts, adding and promoting content to internal and external audiences.
- Assist with the organisation of events as required i.e. open days, careers events, outreach events etc., including marketing & communications through digital platforms.
- Create newsletters for internal and external distribution as needed.
Administrative and office-based
- Assist in providing a first point of contact for staff, students, visitors and external agencies.
- Deal with general enquiries; sort post/faxes/emails and deal with correspondence; screening phone calls, taking messages as appropriate.
- Check and maintain stocks of stationery, equipment (including the departmental printer/photocopiers) & consumables.
- Ensure departmental post is processed in a timely fashion both in the morning & afternoon and deal with courier accounts, collections, and deliveries.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of new staff, such as uploading job advertisements & assist with coordinating interviews.
- Provide assistance on the safety induction of new staff and general office processes.
- Assist staff with ad hoc committee servicing (including contacting attendees, efficient minute taking, booking rooms and refreshments etc.) Set up of rooms for specific requirements (including AV requirements).
- Establish and maintain filing and office systems, including archiving.
- Maintain committee documentation, records and databases such as lists of contacts and media libraries etc. as required.
- Organise meetings on behalf of team such as booking rooms for tutorials and seminars.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts regarding standard information and assistance with e.g. visitors, meeting times and travel arrangements.
- Print and photocopy reports, meeting papers and press cuttings etc. as required.
- Assist on financial activities such as processing orders and expenses.
- Deal with requests for Estates services and external engineers.
- Maintain departmental picture boards & noticeboards, ensuring they are up to date and that all relevant information is posted promptly and ensure the reception & communal areas are kept tidy at all times.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft suite of software to intermediate level in Word, Excel, Email, Outlook, diary management software and the internet, including social media.
- Good interpersonal skills which enable the post holder to communicate tactfully and assertively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Proven consistent ability to meet tight individual and group deadlines and to manage one’s own workload through effective prioritising, using initiative, time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and an ability to write and edit text for social media or websites to ensure spelling, grammar and content is correct.
- Proven experience of providing effective administration support in a complex organisation.
- Experience of servicing and taking notes of meetings, and ability to transcribe notes accurately and clearly.
- Experience of processing invoices and expenses and including experience of ordering consumables using HE financial systems.
- Experience of working with limited supervision and taking responsibility for meeting service standards and agreeing targets and workloads.
- Proven experience of arranging events, including experience of using Eventbrite, Mailchimp or alternative, to organise and market events.
- Knowledge and experience of effectively updating web pages using content management systems such as Drupal, Wordpress and/or SharePoint.
- Experience of supporting all colleagues, staff, students and partners efficiently and effectively.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.