P/Time Receptionist / Administrative Assistant – £13.15ph plus Hol Pay – Central London
Start 2nd August 2021 for three months initially
This role will run for three days per week and will be fully office based
We are recruiting for an experienced Higher Education professional to join one of London’s leading Universities. This role will be fully office based and will run for three days per week – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Working hours are 8:45am – 5pm, with an hour for lunch.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The receptionist provides a friendly and efficient point of contact with members of staff and visitors. The Receptionists role will include providing administrative assistance to all staff including Academic Group Leaders
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Front of House
- To ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
- To act as the first point of contact for staff and visitors, by dealing with telephone and email enquiries, and informing the relevant members of staff when visitors arrive.
- To work with and assist the HR & Estates Officer to maintain and improve reception services standards.
- To administer the timely and accurate sorting of incoming post and the processing of outgoing mail.
- To arrange collections by couriers and to respond to courier and other deliveries appropriately.
- To maintain the system of pigeon holes in the post-room.
- To keep the reception area and the post room tidy and clear at all times.
- To record data as appropriate in reception logs and ensure master documents are kept up-to-date.
- To produce door signage for all new staff members.
- To maintain the staff and groups list on the Intranet page.
- To administer the seminar, testing room and AV bookings for internal and external staff.
- To act as the first point of contact for Security and Access Systems.
- To maintain the security of the building at all times by being aware of those on the premises and allocating visitors temporary security passes and ensuring the return of these items.
- To respond appropriately to suspicious characters, fire and security alarm activations, accidents and emergencies and other incidents (such as break-ins).
Health & Safety
- To ensure the HR & Estates Officer is informed of any accidents or emergencies in the building.
- The post holder will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
- To handle maintenance problems in the building by the reporting, recording and monitoring of problems, and by the regular follow-up of outstanding request.
- To book Porters when necessary.
- To update and maintain an accurate operations manual.
- To produce posters for seminars and ensure these are displayed in a timely fashion.
- To administer the weekly internal diary and plasma screen, which includes information regarding grants awarded, publications and other news in the agreed format.
- To administer the stationery stock by carrying out stock takes and placing stationery orders as well as receipting the goods once they have arrive.
- To provide assistance with catering and room bookings relating to events.
- To provide administrative support to the Institute Administrative Manager, other Professional Services team members and conduct occasional research administration for group leaders.
- Computer skills/literacy – familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, proficiency in using web browsers such as Google to obtain relevant information.
- Experience of working in a service environment (ie customer service or previous office experience).
- Experience of working in higher education administration.
- Experience of room bookings administration.
- Strong verbal communication and social skills (the ability to interact with everyone) with an excellent ‘meet and greet’ manner.
- A conscientious, calm and methodical approach and the ability to follow procedures accurately and to work to deadlines.
- Self-motivated and approachable with a can-do attitude.
- Work on own initiative, organised, reliable and flexible,
- The ability to work without supervision at times and to make decisions and know when to refer issues on to other colleagues.
- Strong time keeping skills and punctuality.
- The ability to prioritise workload and to respond appropriately to emergencies.
- The ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
- Contributing to keeping the work place running smoothly and efficiently.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.