Part time Human Resources Manager £30,000 - £35,000 Pro rata South London
Four or five hours a day. Salary dependent on qualifications and experience. We are seeking an experienced HR professional to operate in a generalist role within a specialist educational environment. You will be responsible for providing a full HR function from recruitment to employment disputes and everything in between.
The HR Manager will support the whole school through the effective management and delivery of the Human Resources function to the Head, School Leadership Team (SLT) and to all staff. As the HR Manager, you will have a direct influence and positive impact on the people in the organisation. The successful candidate will benefit from person-to-person interaction and relationship building, supporting employees directly, coordinating, planning and executing HR activities; this may involve guiding senior management through the various HR disciplines i.e. recruitment process, benefits programs, employment disputes and other administrative needs, which are important to employees within the school.
The HR function aims overall to deliver effective and efficient support, maintaining the agreed standards of service, to the students, staff and parents who make up the school community. This is a fully involved HR role which will include:
- Recruitment and induction
- Contributing to and review the school’s HR strategy, ensuring it meets the school’s long-term needs and goals
- Monitoring and review the school’s HR policies and procedures including staff handbook
- Managing the school’s HR information system
- Reporting on HR Key performance indicators,
- Assisting and advising on and with disciplinary and grievance procedures, as necessary
- Managing the schools staff register spreadsheet following up on staff absences and absence requests Conducting Return to Work Interviews with staff. coordinating absence, attendance and punctuality
- Assisting, monitoring and reviewing the school’s DBS checking process, ensuring compliance with requirements and efficiency is achieved
- Keeping records in accordance with the school’s record retention schedule and data protection law, ensuring information security and confidentiality at all times Performance management, staff training, pay and conditions
- Helping to develop an appropriate benefits and rewards package for each role across the school
- Acting as the point of contact for staff questions about HR policies and procedures
- Working with unions and professional associations, maintaining strong and effective relationships that support the school’s approach and responsibilities
- Working with senior leaders to consult with staff on job satisfaction, helping them to implement changes or improvements where appropriate
The school has a strong safeguarding culture and expect applicants to continually develop their practice in this area. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. Professional references will be sought prior to commencement of this post.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.