Start asap. 3 months initially. 21.90 hours per week. An exciting opportunity for someone to step into a multinational Higher Education institution based in central London. The role of Stores Technician is a critical role for the business. The main purpose of the role is to support the day-to-day stores function for the Division, the post holder will work to the Stores standard operating procedures and use their own initiative and judgement in prioritising tasks to ensure scope of service is met
The main purpose of the role is to support the day-to-day store’s function
- Issue items from stores, log against relevant account codes and maintain inventory.
- Receiving, checking, and receipting deliveries in electronic notification system and informing end users of deliveries.
- Actively participating in Faculty Finance Team workshops and meetings to develop processes and procedures to identify best practice.
- Maintain a supply of current catalogues to comply with procurement protocols.
- Assisting in updating the stores SharePoint site.
- Forwarding requests for customs clearance to the appropriate Finance contacts.
- Keeping the stores clean, tidy, well organised and free of possible tripping hazards.
- Re-stocking shelves and maintaining impressed stock systems.
- Issue of stores stock, either in person or from e-mail or telephone requests from members of staff or students and recording on the EPOS system.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Transferable experience from a similar role
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details
- Good work ethic and enjoy being a member of the team.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.