Personal Assistant to Professor - £15.66ph Plus Hol Pay – London
Working pattern: Fully office based
Duration: 3 months
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide dedicated administrative assistance to the Professors, specifically diary management and associated paperwork, travel arrangements and attending to visitors.
- Provide daily papers and itineraries in advance of meetings.
- Proofread correspondence, documents and journals as required.
- Responsible for financial activities such as processing orders and expenses.
- Deal with a range of enquiries and correspondence and prioritise items for immediate action.
- Drafting replies or referring to others if required, screening phone calls, taking messages as appropriate.
- Provide assistance on specialist projects including carrying out internet searches and collating data for others such as co-ordinating feedback from surveys.
- Assist members of the team with issues that are confidential and sensitive e.g. staff promotions and salary reviews.
- Provide support for research and teaching activities such as preparation of papers, research grants, producing PowerPoint presentations and lecture notes.
- Provide a first point of contact for staff, students, visitors and external agencies. Establish and maintain administrative systems; reorganise and implement new systems as necessary.
- Maintain up to date handbook/guide of processes needed to effectively fulfil office duties.
- Assist the Professors with personnel administration, including maintaining staff records and preparing contracts as required.
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of new staff, such as uploading job advertisements etc.
- Provide assistance on the induction of new staff, such as organising staff ID cards and demonstrating office processes.
Meetings and Committee Servicing
- Assist the Professors with the servicing of committees (including contacting attendees; booking rooms and refreshments; servicing meetings co-ordinating agenda, minute taking and all preparatory and post meeting administration).
- Co-ordinate and provide project and other information at meetings as required.
- Maintain committee documentation.
- Organise meetings on behalf of team such as booking tutorials and seminars.
Events and Liaison
- Assist with the organisation of events as required, including the booking of venues, catering, speakers, attendees and ensuring within agreed budgetary constraints.
- Liaise and communicate with external contacts such as international bodies and research councils and liaison with internal contacts.
- Maintain databases for events such as invitation lists and expenditure.
- Proven experience of providing effective PA support in a complex organisation.
- Experience of effective management of a complicated diary.
- Experience of servicing and taking notes of meetings, and ability to transcribe notes accurately and clearly.
- Experience of organising committees and meetings.
- Experience of organising and managing events.
- Experience of working with limited supervision and taking responsibility for meeting service standards and agreeing targets and workloads.
- Proven experience of working as a creative and proactive member of a team.
- Experience of working in HE or a research environment.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft suite of software.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A high level of numeracy including experience working with data.
- Proven consistent ability to meet tight individual and group deadlines.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.