Procurement Officer - Hybrid
Join this prestigious World-renowned Research Institute based in Central London. As a key player, you will be the driving force behind delivering a high-quality, credible and timely Procurement advisory and operational service. Your responsibilities include expertly managing tendering processes for designated categories, actively contributing to strategic initiatives with Senior Management and shaping Procurement plans in alignment with the Institutes requirements.
In this dynamic role, you will play a crucial part in translating plans, proactively contributing to operational plans using accurate data, and building/maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders. Collaboration is key – you will work closely with the Procurement Team and report to the Head of Procurement, ensuring the seamless integration and compliance of Procurement policies and practices. If you’re ready to make a meaningful impact, apply now to be a vital part of this Institutes success story.
- Participate in developing and managing operational plans for specific categories, challenging the status quo and delivering tendering and contract management solutions that meet current and future challenges.
- Provide clear and expert advice on a range of Procurement issues, including best practice, legislation to ensure stakeholders are aware of the market conditions likely to impact on the sourcing decision.
- Communicate regularly and consistently across the Procurement Team and designated academic faculty, ensuring that communications are timely, accurate and actionable.
- Work with collaborative organisations such as Higher Education Procurement Association to guide and shape future procurement developments.
- Assess and review sourcing options including UK and overseas collaborative opportunities and frameworks to determine appropriate procurement routes to market.
Qualifications for success:
- Be a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent experience to CIPS Level 5.
- Operating as a Procurement Generalist within a complex environment. Preferably Higher Education or Public Sector.
- A strong customer focus with ability to continuously look for opportunities and improvement.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of how the Procurement Category model supports an organization to achieve it’s strategic aims and objectives.
- The ability to build and sustain effective professional working relationships to all levels of stakeholders.
This is a Hybrid role with expectations to be present in the Central London office 1-2 days per week.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.