You will work proactively and independently, assisting with the administration of conduct complaints and preparation of Professional Conduct Committee (PCC) Hearings. You will work closely with colleagues in the Professional Standards team to deliver effective case administration and customer service in line with KPIs and quality assurance measures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Logging and acknowledging incoming complaints and correspondence, ensuring information is distributed to appropriate members of the team
- Liaising with external panel members, solicitors, witnesses, and respondents in order to coordinate dates for hearings, ensuring all relevant parties are available
- Dealing with queries about upcoming PCC hearings and supporting witnesses by outlining the hearings process and managing their concerns
- Organising external venues where necessary and ensuring all equipment and paperwork is available
- Drafting and sending basic letters and preparing case papers for parties involved in complaints and hearings
- Assisting with post-hearing administration such as distributing decisions to relevant parties and processing invoices and expense claims
- Managing conflicting case priorities to ensure targets are met
- Supporting the Hearings Officer at hearings as necessary, at times assisting with facilitating physical and virtual PCC hearing
- Administrative experience and/or experience in case management
- Experience of working in regulatory or fitness to practise environment is desirable although not essential
- Experience of working in a team environment that is at times fast paced
- Experience of working flexibly and with resilience in a changing, dynamic environment
- Experience of working in situations of conflict and conducting difficult conversations
- Experience of working in a hybrid situation using web-based meeting tools such as Zoom.
- Experience of note taking and supporting meetings/committees.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.