Project Support Officer - £19.32ph Plus Hol Pay – London
Duration: 6 months
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide project and programme support for projects in our portfolio. The Project Support Officer may co-ordinate the delivery of self-contained stages of larger projects, to meet the deliverable requirements within identified timescale, cost and defined quality standards and to the satisfaction of project stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project and Stage Planning
- Supporting the planning for the delivery of the project stage in accordance with the business case, mandate and assigned methodology.
- Supporting the creation of the plan with appropriate level of detail with critical stakeholders and the Planning Manager.
- Assisting in capturing and supporting the resource plan required to deliver the project.
- Tracking and managing implementation plans.
- Servicing Project and Programme meetings and board meetings.
- Planning an advance schedule of meetings as required.
- Supporting the chair and board members to ensure all preparation and follow-up activities are completed.
- Advising on agenda items, production and circulation of papers, action plans and drafting of meeting minutes.
- Following up and tracking the progress of the actions from the meetings and other project sessions.
Support Project Lifecycle
- Supporting the Project and Project Manager to adhere to the predefined Governance Framework.
- Supporting project monitoring and Monthly Project Status Reports.
- Responsible for Risk and Issue log management and administration.
- Maintaining project document library on SharePoint.
- Working flexibly on multiple projects across the Portfolio as requested.
- Supporting project managers and their project teams in the delivery of project related activities throughout the project delivery life cycle.
Supporting Portfolio Communications
- Scheduling and providing support for meetings and workshops.
- Communicating project progress within the project, as required.
- Answering queries and providing information about the project or programme to enquirers.
- Responsible for event scheduling and management.
- Planning and coordinating project communication activity.
- Designing and creating SharePoint Team sites or web pages for projects in accordance with standards and establishing and maintaining an appropriate SharePoint security model.
Effective Financial Management
- Monitoring and reporting project expenditure against the project budget.
- Escalate situations to the Project Manager where agreed budget tolerances are at risk of being exceeded.
Quality Assurance and Mentoring
- Mentoring and supporting team members as required.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.