Prospects, Gifts Processing and Due Diligence Officer – £20.47ph plus Hol Pay – Remote
Immediate start to the end of July 2021 initially
Have you previously worked in a Fundraising department in a UK University?
Do you have experience of gift processing and due diligence (essential)?
Have you previously used Raiser’s Edge?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
To manage gift processing, prospect research and due diligence activities to enable the University to secure major gift support from reputable sources. To ensure all screening and reporting generated from this activity is recorded on the Raiser’s Edge database.
The role will principally be Due Diligence (ethical and reputational risk screening/research) on individuals, companies, foundations and organisations who may offer philanthropic donations.
- Carry out gift processing in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Undertake gift administration processes including processing online transactions on the Raiser’s Edge database and generating gift pledge reminders on a monthly basis.
- Using the Raiser’s Edge database to create queries and exports to help identify prospects from within the database with existing relationships and record new prospect information accurately and promptly.
- Provide a due diligence screening service primarily for philanthropic donations to the School, managing competing priorities and guiding screening requests. Monitor and reply to requests and queries.
- Use a range of research methodologies and tools to complete due diligence checks, investigate new services/products, and advise on the effectiveness of these tools.
- Support the Advancement Operations team and fundraising team with functions such as prospect identification and research as agreed with line manager.
- Ensure confidentiality and compliance with Data Protection and other legislation, and that manual and electronic data is maintained in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable task at the request of line manager as may be deemed appropriate within the scope of the post.
- Experience in researching and recording sensitive information and of compiling and producing briefings, reports and profiles.
- Experience of individual, trust, foundation, and corporate prospect research.
- Experience of using research resources and tools such as news databases on a daily basis together with advanced internet research skills.
- Experience of using a CRM database such as Raiser’s Edge on a daily basis and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of Gift Administration, and imports using various plug-ins, tools or applications.
- Experience of prospect research or screening individuals, companies, foundations or organisations for ethical and reputational risk.
- Empathy with the University and its institutional and academic objectives.
- Experience of working in an Higher education environment.
- Outstanding research skills with the ability to collect information from a number of sources gathering relevant detail and apply working knowledge.
- Knowledge of Gift processing, and general Gift Administration.
- Ability to analyse information, identifying key points and summarising with accuracy and sensitivity and apply working knowledge.
- Ability to work in accordance with set research procedures recording information with outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to self-motivate, work on own initiative, solve problems and think laterally.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality/handle confidential information sensitively, where appropriate and comply with relevant legislation and all times.
- Outstanding organisational and planning abilities skills with the ability to work under pressure/manage and meet deadlines and assess situations quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team sharing knowledge as appropriate.
- Outstanding writing skills and the ability to synthesise and present research in a clear and objective manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and presentational skills with the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences of varying seniority and build effective working relationships with immediate team members, across the wider Directorate and colleagues across the School.
- Willingness to challenge and verify the accuracy of information obtained.
- Produce due diligence reports (i.e. ethical and reputational risk screening/research) upon request, in accordance with the Gift Acceptance procedures/policy and the Data Protection Act.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.