Quality and Academic Standards Officer – £19.15ph plus Hol Pay – Remote at present
Are you an experienced Quality and Academic Standards Officer, who has previous experience of the Higher Education sector? Would you like the opportunity to join one of London’s leading Universities as a temporary member of staff?... If so, I’d love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for administering a number of processes and procedures for both taught and research degree courses, such as annual monitoring, periodic review, validation, and external examining.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures to support the delivery of the academic portfolio.
- Support implementation of institutional quality assurance processes and best practice at Faculty and course level, as appropriate, in liaison with relevant staff and committees.
- Provide secretariat support for committees, and ad hoc working groups. This includes proactively drafting agendas and papers, taking minutes and ensuring that actions are managed and advanced.
- Hold membership at Faculty Postgraduate Taught Committees, Periodic Review Panels, Validations Panels, and other groups as directed by the Head of Quality and Academic Standards.
- Attend Boards of Examiners as determined by the Head of Quality and Academic Standards for the purposes of monitoring.
- Support external review processes including accreditations, working closely with review teams and providing additional assistance where required.
- To provide support and advice to Programme Directors and Module Organisers on a range of quality and standard topics.
- Research and analyse information from a range of sources, and to contribute to the preparation of reports for presentation at committees and/or to senior staff.
- To organise and deliver quality support sessions for academic staff under the guidance of the Deputy Head of Quality and Academics Standards.
- To assist in the production of the termly Quality Updates Newsletter.
- To assist in the updating of the Academic Manual for approval.
- To assist the Quality and Academics Standards Manager in the administration of surveys.
- Work with the rest of the team to ensure that the departmental webpages are up to date and that communications from the team are disseminated in a clear and timely manner.
- Ensuring that the department has robust processes and procedures which are reduced to writing and regularly checked to see that they remain up to date and fit for purpose.
- To assist the Quality and Academics Standards Manager in the development and maintenance of Quality and Academic Standards publications.
- To support the provision of information about the academic portfolio (and associated quality processes), in line with both internal and external requirements.
- To support the administration of the concerns process regarding teaching and learning activities, specifically in relation to the decolonisation of the curriculum.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of preparing reports procedures and guidance documents.
- Experience of supporting and working with senior academic staff in activities that promote academic quality and standards, preferably including external and internal quality reviews of taught courses and research degrees.
- Experience of undertaking all aspects of committee servicing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the quality assurance framework for higher education in the UK.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a good attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels, and to work effectively within a team.
- Proven ability to manage a significant workload under pressure and to prioritise effectively.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, including the ability to know when to confer with colleagues or refer matters on.
- Proactive and capable of identifying potential improvements to processes and documentation, and of implementing these changes.
- Highly competent in a wide range of IT applications and software.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not, please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.