Receptionist / Administrator - £14.03ph - £15.74ph Plus Holiday Pay – London
Duration: 3 months
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Receptionist Administrator will be providing excellent customer service to all staff, students and visitors. You will act as first point of contact for all external enquiries to the Department, face to face, email and telephone. The post will also be expected to support teaching administration, estates, events and general administrative activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To act as the first point of contact for students, staff, members of the public, and guests.
- Respond to queries at the reception, answer the reception telephone and direct calls when appropriate.
- Manage the Departmental email account.
- Sorting of the post and liaising with the post-room when necessary.
- Maintain supplies and other Departmental necessities.
- Liaise with the finance team on purchasing and budgets.
- Book couriers.
- Ensure the reception, meeting rooms, all communal spaces and bookable areas are tidy and presentable.
- Develop and maintain the reception manual.
- Support the interview process on interviews days.
- Manage the locker keys and hot desk bookings for PhDs, Researchers and Teaching Fellows.
- Book travel and accommodation for visiting speakers, and members of staff.
- To assist and support with activities relating to Departmental events.
- Book meeting rooms and spaces.
- Arrange hospitality when required.
- Assist in the setting up of rooms for events and functions.
- Manage the Departmental room-bookings and act as the first point of contact for all queries regarding room bookings.
- Oversee the use of facilities within the Department building.
- Report and follow up on any maintenance issues within the building.
- Provide support with estates project requests, ordering/removing of furniture, and office relocations.
- To provide administrative support the Departmental Manager and relevant colleagues.
- Provide administrative support to the teaching administration team when required.
- Support office hours and other related room bookings for staff.
- Have involvement in preparations for induction week including collating induction material, printing, welcoming and advising students.
- Raise PO numbers when required.
- Update the Departmental mailing lists.
- To support in the creation of signage, both digital and print.
- Carry out updates to the Departmental website, where required.
- To provide general administrative support and assistance for colleagues when necessary to ensure the smooth running of the Department.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a busy environment.
- Evidence of excellent administrative skills.
- Demonstrable ability to organise your own work within deadlines.
- Evidence of a high degree of accuracy in your work.
- A flexible attitude to work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Evidence of excellent IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word, database packages, web browsers and email packages.
- Previous experience of working in a reception or administration in a busy customer focused environment.
- Experience of working in an administration role within Higher Education.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.