Registry Operations Officer x4 - £16.01ph plus Hol Pay – South East London
Start immediately to the end of June 2023 initially
We are recruiting for FOUR experienced Higher Education Professionals to join one of London’s leading Universities to assist in the Registry department.
You will be based on campus, in South East London, three days per week and working remotely for two days per week.
- To respond to enquiries from colleagues across the College, both orally and through clearly written and accurate communications.
- To support students and staff, dealing with face-to-face enquiries.
- To consider and process change of status requests, in line with college regulations and policy.
- Generate reports on student data; manipulating and formatting data in Excel spreadsheets.
- Use of the student records system and Sharepoint systems for committee work.
- To work effectively within a team environment to deliver both individual and group tasks. Typically, these tasks may include administration of, and support for, enrolment; student records, examinations, attendance monitoring, assessments and provision of transcripts.
- To support the Registry Operations Team and the wider College community to ensure up-to-date and consistent practices are followed when utilising systems (e.g., student records systems and virtual learning environments) to undertake both day-to-day functions and higher-level processes such as reporting and extracting data, ensuring accuracy of data and identifying and resolving issues.
- To support the operational activities which underpin student lifecycle, utilising systems and databases – e.g., student records systems and attendance monitoring system – accordingly, and in accordance with best practice, ensuring consistency of data and identifying and resolving issues.
- To work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high-volume activity. Participating in and coordinating new starter inductions. Covering staff absence as and when required.
- To take personal accountability for the data quality of student records, ensuring records are accurately maintained in accordance with the College’s protocols.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the data protection requirements and to support Freedom of information and subject access requests.
- Experience of working in administration within an education environment.
- Experience of meeting stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
- Experience of data input and verification in a timely manner.
- Good IT skills across Microsoft Office suite and a willingness to learn new packages as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of core academic and administrative functions in higher education.
- Ability to work with databases eg student records system, attendance monitoring systems.
- Proactive with the ability to work independently as well as delivering within a team.
- Methodical, detail oriented and flexible in their approach to work, maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.