Research Project Manager - £22.31ph Plus Hol Pay – London
Duration: 6 months
We are currently recruiting for a research project manager to join a leading research institute for six months, initially. This is an exciting time to join the team, as they increase their team size, having successfully secured funding for their research projects to continue.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Providing effective research project management across multiple projects.
- Responsible for organising travel, visas, reimbursement of expenses, arranging project meetings, workshops and conference calls.
- Assist the Programme Manager, Director and Deputy Director for Research in ensuring emergency and service continuity plans are in place for research delivery.
- Report project management outputs against the log frame.
- Provide significant input into the short‐ and longer‐term planning of the Programme, helping to develop the scope, plan and budget.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Lead the Research Management team’s ongoing monitoring activities, review of progress and summary of achievements.
- Oversee and contribute to the drafting and production of documents such as Research Projects Progress Report, Annual Implementation Plan, Annual Business Plan.
- Ensure that team performance is measured against specific objectives as set out in the Annual Business Plan.
- Managing part of a multi-million complex grant with multiple collaborators and high-profile funders reflecting the need for advanced skills in financial management.
- Lead on the quarterly and annual reporting for collaborating institutions.
- Analyse research activity and spend on a regular basis and input into reports, forecasts, as required to ensure transparency and project compliance, tracking the policy and practice impacts of projects in association with academic staff.
- Support strategic financial planning for renewal of external funding applications and ensure subsequent effective grant management.
- Liaison with the range of departments relating to the effective operation of the collaboration.
- Attend and present at Team Meetings.
- Attend and facilitate Research Coordination Meetings as required.
- Ensure that the project team functions cohesively through effective communications with academics and administrative staff at collaborating institutions.
- Attend meetings between the partners, funders and liaison staff.
- Oversee the drafting of research briefs, production of research presentations and other external research outputs to help influence wider audiences.
- Liaison with the project’s website and report designer, the member of academic staff responsible for the website and the project’s communications officer to ensure maintenance of an up to date, high quality project/collaboration website.
- Work with the Communications Team on all research related external outputs.
Liaison and Networking
- Liaise with external stakeholders as appropriate, in particular those critical to the success of operational research delivery.
- Line manage the Project Coordinator providing effective leadership, training, development, mentorship and delegation of work.
- Assist in the recruitment process of new staff members, including drafting job descriptions and HERA job evaluations, arranging interviews and participating in short-listing/interview panels as appropriate.
- Support staff based overseas to operate effectively and in compliance with the human resources and financial policies and procedures.
If you have experience in the above duties, please do apply today!
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.