School Administration Coordinator - £16.83ph plus Hol Pay – South East London
Immediate start for three months initially
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Higher Education professional, who is happy to get stuck in with any task at hand. The department are currently going through a period of change, so awareness and understanding are key, as well as the ability to be flexible and amenable.
- To support Heads of Department within the School.
- To establish and maintain strong working relationships with the academic departments within the School and professional service teams.
- To be flexible and work across the three Schools.
- To enable and support the implementation of new processes.
- To resolve issues that may arise during the transition to the new structure.
- Act as secretary to Departmental committees as required.
- To schedule department committees with awareness of the academic cycle and particular department requirements.
- Update Departmental action logs.
- Maintain file structures for committee paperwork, effectively utilising a range of MS Office tools.
- Help coordinate the Department’s admissions cycle.
- Support Department Admission Tutors with admissions initiatives.
- Set up interviews for applicants.
- Organise applicant visits.
- Respond to applicant queries.
- Attend and support recruitment events as required.
- Assist with Departmental Outreach and Widening Participation work
- Prior experience within the Higher Education sector.
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office programmes and tools, especially Word, Outlook, Excel and Teams.
- An understanding of the Higher Education sector, familiar with HE standards and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a swiftly-paced, demanding and varied workload.
- Excellent writing and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and to think creatively.
- Ability to put forward new ideas and take the initiative in problem-solving.
- Ability to work both independently and as an active member of a professional team.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.