Staffing Administrator – £15.32ph plus Hol Pay – Remote
Start immediately for one month initially
Are you an experienced HR and Staffing Administrator with experience on MYHR software? Are you proactive, motivated and keen to get involved? Would you like the opportunity to join one of London's leading Universities as a temporary member of staff?... If so, I'd love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To liaise with Human Resources contacts in other teams to build effective working relationships.
- Liaise with staff regarding departmental and individual training needs.
- To ensure line managers are informed and comply when probationary documents and appraisals are due and ensure timely completion of these to HR / Advisory Services and the Departmental Manager.
- Monitor contract end dates and probationary completion dates.
- Draft and issue letters of notice to staff on fixed term contracts.
- Co-ordinate the schemes for Visiting Professors, Honorary Fellows and Affiliate Academics.
- Assist staff members with annual leave queries.
- Develop and maintain relevant records and contact details for staff members and those on the schemes for Visiting Professors, Honorary Fellows and Affiliate Academics.
- Work with members of staff on issues that are confidential and sensitive.
- Co-ordinate and negotiate conflicting demands in order to meet deadlines.
- Support visitors with access, IT and library needs by registering them on the Service System.
- Act as Departmental Data Protection Officer with responsibility for keeping departmental records required under the Act, in liaison with the Data Protection Officer.
Recruitment and Selection
- Lead in the preparation and publication of internal and external advertisements, job descriptions and person specifications.
- Provide advice on the correct format for advertisements, draft advertisements for staff based on information given.
- Provide advice and guidance on writing job descriptions to ensure they adhere to legal requirements and good practice.
- Use the e-recruitment system to post advertisements and update applicants' statuses as appropriate.
- Liaise with advertising agencies when required.
- Act as a contact for applicant queries via email or telephone.
- Manage job applications, drawing up schedules and sending out invitations to shortlisted candidates.
- Ensure all recruitment and selection of staff follows procedures and is in line with all policies, when necessary referring matters to the Departmental Manager.
- Ensure the redeployment database is checked before any advertisement is placed and liaise with potential redeployees.
- Produce short listing matrices and interview scoring matrices.
- Undertake pre-employment (Right to work in the UK) checks and process and confirm Right to Work documentation.
- Schedule interviews and arrange and prepare paperwork for interviews as well as plan inductions with the involvement of relevant members of staff.
- Act as a point of contact for candidates and potential candidates.
- Use HR Systems to submit new and changes to contracts, one-off payments and record sick leave.
- Produce shortlisting criteria templates.
- Liaise between staff and applicants to move the appointment process along.
- Complete and provide Demonstrators with guidance on setting up contracts.
- Collate necessary documentation and forward to HR.
- Finalise the job offer and agree start dates.
- Process starters, leavers and changes to appointments.
- Inform new starters about the relocation policy, staff benefits and ensure completion of the online staff registration form and tax documentation.
- Coordinate the appointment and reappointment of external teaching staff and teaching assistants.
- Ensure all documents relating to recruitment and selection are accurately maintained and stored for future reference and audit.
- Arrange the necessary meetings and inductions for a new staff member's first day.
Certificates of Sponsorship
- Contact staff and give guidance as to requirements for Tier 2/Tier 5 CoS applications.
- Liaise with potential employees in completing their applications.
- Collate appropriate documentation and submit to HR.
- Submit Honorary appointments for Tier 5 visitors.
- Maintain Tier 5 records locally.
- Overall responsibility in calculating and making payments where necessary as well as answering payroll queries.
- Ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
- Request and process payments monthly to ensure payments are processed and submitted by HR deadlines.
- Liaise with payroll to ensure everyone is paid correctly.
- Proven experience of working as a proactive member of a team within a Higher Education institute.
- Experience of HR Administration.
- Experience in a similar role, undertaking the duties required to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of people.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft suite of software from intermediate to advanced level in Word, Excel, Outlook, diary management and other relevant internet software.
- Accurate word processing and data entry skills.
- Excellent administration skills and a highly proactive approach to providing a comprehensive administrative service.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure, with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to develop, maintain and review administrative and computerised systems.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and as part of a team, with a flexible approach to changing priorities.
- A commitment to customer focus and the need to provide an efficient, professional and effective service to the many contacts both internally at all levels of the organisation and externally.
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to take and give clear and accurate messages.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not, please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.