Stock Controller – £13.51ph plus Hol Pay – Central London
Start 7th January 2022 for six months
Fully office based
Are you a strong administrator who is looking for a new challenge in the new year? We are looking for a stock controller to join a leading UK University and want to hear from candidates today! Please note, in order to be considered for this role, you must be comfortable with replenishing stock, which will involve manual handling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collection and checking of goods in, monitoring of internal and external orders and following up delayed and modified orders.
- Issuing stores stock to end users, from e-mail or telephone requests from members of staff and students and recording on the system.
- Receiving, checking and receipting deliveries and informing end users of deliveries: Ensure that all deliveries received are either taken to the end user (in the case of very large items), or that the end user has been contacted to advise that they have been received.
- Monitoring of stock figures and generating stock invoices on the system.
- Validation of new grants, to add to the system.
- Authorising invoices for payment of goods, maintaining records of invoices and receipts on computer.
- Assisting with collection and collation of financial information for facilitating monthly recharge of grants.
- Working with team to provide best possible front desk service.
- Stocking shelves and maintaining the stock systems.
- Ordering stock and adding deliveries to the system.
- Participating in the twice-yearly stores stocktakes.
- Forwarding requests for Customs clearance to the appropriate courier companies.
- Arranging courier collections and returns: to ensure that couriers are ordered as appropriate and parcels sent before close of business.
- General portering duties.
- Actively participating in Faculty Team workshops and meetings to develop processes and procedures to identify best practice.
- Awareness of, or a willingness to take ‘transport of dangerous goods’ training.
- Manual handling is a key component of this position and training will be provided.
- Compile information and assist with chemical waste management to maintain safe working environment in teaching and research laboratories.
- Assistance with hazardous chemicals waste management including receiving left over and expired chemicals from lab users, compiling the list of chemicals in spreadsheets and liaising with a specialist waste contractor to organise the disposal for maintaining safe working environment.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of using word processing, spreadsheets, email, databases and web browsers.
- Knowledge of or willingness to undergo training on health & safety and manual handling procedures.
- Experience of working in an administrative role or customer services role within Higher Education.
- Experience of using purchasing systems.
- Excellent administrative and customer service skills and a proactive and timely approach to providing a quality support service to staff and students.
- Experience of working independently and managing priorities whilst also being an active member of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a good eye for presentation and layout.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships with students and staff.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion as appropriate and experience in defusing difficult situations.
- Ability to understand and work within set procedures and policies
- Ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work flexibly to accommodate the needs of Stores users.
- Excellent numeracy and data management skills and the ability to present data in an accurate and accessible format.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not, please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.