Stores Technician - £13.51ph Plus Hol Pay – London
Duration: 6 months
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will be responsible for supporting with day-to-day function such as collecting and signing off deliveries, unpacking, checking and storing packages appropriately. You will provide an efficient desk service for selling stock and distributing external orders meeting the needs of staff, students and visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collection and checking of goods in, monitoring of internal and external orders and following up delayed and modified orders.
- Issuing stores stock to end users, either in person or from e-mail/telephone requests from members of staff and students and recording on the EPOS system.
- Receiving, checking and receipting deliveries in MyFinance and informing end users of deliveries.
- Ensuring that all deliveries received are either taken to the end user, or that they have been contacted.
- Monitoring of stock figures and generating stock invoices on EPOS system.
- Adding stock deliveries on the EPOS system.
- Responsible for validation of new grants to add on to EPOS system.
- Authorising invoices for payment of goods, maintaining records of invoices and receipts on computer.
- Assisting with collection and collation of financial information for facilitating monthly recharge of grants.
- Working with team to provide best possible front desk service for buying and supplying internal and external orders.
- Stocking shelves and maintaining impressed stock systems.
- Ordering stock.
- Forwarding requests for Customs clearance to the appropriate Finance Assistants.
- Arranging courier collections and returns.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of using word processing, spreadsheets, email, databases and web browsers.
- Knowledge of or willingness to undergo training on health and safety and manual handling procedures.
- Experience of working in an administrative role or customer services role within Higher Education or similar environment.
- Experience of using purchasing systems such as MyFinance and EPOS.
- Excellent administrative and customer service skills.
- Experience of working independently and managing priorities whilst also being an active member of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexibly to accommodate the needs of Stores users.
- Excellent numeracy and data management skills.
- Ability to present data in an accurate and accessible format.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.