Strategy and Policy Manager £23.51 + holiday pay
Contract until February 2022
Work in an environment in which Innovation, Enterprise and helping others through industry partnerships, consultancies, funding, and commercialisation opportunities to tackle the great global challenges of our time is all in a day’s work.
You will be responsible for developing and supporting institutional policies to encourage innovation. This will include managing the delivery of strategic documents on innovation and enterprise activity across the university including knowledge exchange reporting. You will create well researched suites of policy and strategy documents that meet institutional needs and deliver the Innovation & Enterprise agenda. The role with involve:
- Working with the Vice-Provost and senior stakeholders from across the institution to develop and implement innovation related policies, including drafting policy documents, convening working groups, consultation and governance planning and management, producing process workflows and identifying training and system requirements.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of UK and broader government policies in the area of knowledge exchange / Innovation & Enterprise and to ensure that the implications of these policies for Innovation & Enterprise activity are analysed and fed into planning.
- Using excellent written and numerical skills to analyse complex information to evaluate policy and strategy options.
- Playing a key role in drafting institutional strategy documents in the area of Innovation & Enterprise.
- Managing and coordinating reporting to external or internal funding stakeholders, including the drafting of reports that include complex financial and numerical information alongside the narrative element.
- Crafting compelling and accessible documents.
- Stakeholder management, ensuring engagement in projects.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Experience developing frameworks and processes to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Experience of strategy and/or policy development and implementation
- Ability to interpret complex concepts and ideas and communicate them to a range of audiences.
- The experience to work collaboratively and able to work with colleagues in a wide variety of contexts.
- A high level of numeracy, including the ability to commission, interpret and present statistical and financial data to a non-financial audience.
- The ability to make sense of complex issues even when data is incomplete.
Any knowledge of the UK policy landscape for innovation, enterprise and knowledge exchange in a Higher Education context would be helpful.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.