Student Communications Lead – £19.70ph plus holiday pay – South East London
Immediate start to 2nd September 2022
This role forms part of the newly established Student Success team. The post holder will contribute to the development and delivery of a student communications function which will provide a central resource for supporting the dissemination of key messages to students.
They will be encouraged to take a fresh and innovative approach to communicating with the student body through the coordination of campaigns that capture the attention of students and increase engagement with a diverse range of College activity.
- To support the establishment of a new approach to student communications and provide a focal point for a wide range of student communications.
- To maintain a schedule of institutional internal student communications to ensure timing and frequency of contact is appropriate, calls to action are clear and the impact of communications are measured and evaluated.
- To build strong working relationships with colleagues in academic departments and professional service areas to enable the sharing of information and adherence to guidance on internal student communications.
- To devise, design and deliver creative and effective internal student communication campaigns that engage students with activity across the breadth of the student experience.
- To manage the presentation of key student facing institutional documents (e.g. regulations and programme and module information), ensuring a single point of reference for students to access.
- To provide advice and guidance to colleagues across the College on ‘voice’, style, content and channels in regard to student communications.
- To work collaboratively with the Communications, Marketing and Recruitment function to identify further opportunities for the promotion of student experience activity via external channels.
- To promote the student communications approach and convey its value to colleagues across the College to encourage a strategic approach to scheduling, designing and disseminating messages to enhance the wider student experience.
- To work closely with colleagues in the Communications and Engagement Directorate to ensure a coherent approach to communications with students.
- Experience of working in a communications, marketing or creative setting.
- Experience of writing content with impact for a range of purposes/ audiences.
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders across all levels.
- Experience of supporting the development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Experience of working in a higher education setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to produce content at pace, to tight deadlines.
- Ability to present data and insights in an engaging manner.
- Excellent IT skills across Microsoft Office suite and a willingness to learn new packages as required.
- Excellent proof reading skills.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.