Start: ASAP End: 5 Months initially
The post holder will report to the Student Immigration & Compliance Manager and will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality, user-focused student immigration and admissions service for the School.You will be responsible for applicant liaison and support for the administration of Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) and Student visa applications as well as the School's academic engagement processes and further student immigration compliance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the processing of Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) requests and Short-Term Study Visa Letters.
- Handling enquiries from applicants and current students.
- Entering applicant and new student information (immigration related) into the student records system (SITS).
- Maintaining the Student Immigration and Compliance filing systems and documentation for visa sponsorship.
- Maintaining academic engagement records.
- Providing administrative support to the Student Immigration & Compliance Team.
- Responding to emails in the general mailboxes.
- Registering/enrolling new students and checking their eligibility to register.
- Covering the duties of other staff in the Student Immigration & Compliance Team and during absences.
- Any other duties as may be required by the Student Immigration & Compliance Manager.
- Experience of working in higher education administration.
- Experience of interpreting and implementing regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Data Protection Act 1998, Equality Act 2010).
- Experience of using a large student records database.
- Experience of processing confirmation of studies ( CAS) requests.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work flexibly to meet conflicting deadlines, often under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Proven ability to provide an effective level of customer service.
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Highly competent in a wide range of IT applications and software.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity