Student Immigration and Compliance Officer x2 – £16.36ph plus Hol Pay – Central London
Start Immediately for seven weeks initially
Hybrid role with four days remote and Thursdays office based in Kings Cross
We are recruiting for TWO experienced Student Immigration and Compliance Officers to join one of London’s leading Universities.
* The Student Immigration and Compliance Officer will be required to obtain specialist clearance from UK Visas and Immigration in order to handle and process BRPs *
Working as part of the Student Immigration Advice and Compliance service, you will join a team of compliance officers ensuring the University complies fully with its Student sponsor duties. The post holder will liaise with prospective and current students and their representatives, members of staff in academic units, Students’ Union and Professional services divisions as well as external agencies, such as UKVI and the Home Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be a point of contact to support students with their immigration enquiries.
- Work proactively with other members of the Student Immigration Advice and Compliance Team to ensure that the University is compliant with Student visa regulations.
- Ensure accurate student records are maintained in line with Student visa compliance responsibilities.
- Undertake internal audits of student records.
- Assist with the scanning, recording and distribution of Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs).
- Ensure BRPs are handled, transported and stored securely at all times to prevent loss, theft and abuse of the immigration system.
- Adhere to all UKVI BRP security measures.
- Ensure appropriate ID checks are carried out when issuing BRPs.
- Liaise with relevant external organisations such as UKVI with regards to student immigration cases.
- Ensure effective communication with line manager regarding work in progress and emerging issues.
- An understanding of good customer service standards.
- Previous relevant experience in a Higher Education environment.
- Knowledge of the SITS student information system.
- Experience of UKVI compliance in a Higher Education environment.
- Experience of internal or external audits.
- Good IT skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office applications and knowledge of using databases.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise work and think clearly and work calmly to meet service standards under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a tactful and diplomatic approach to communication (both verbal and written) and a respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to produce written communications to high standards of accuracy and clarity analytical approach to evaluating process and policies.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a conscientious approach to checking the accuracy of information.
- Responding to colleague, student and stakeholder needs with the intention to provide an excellent service.
- Taking proactive steps where you see an opportunity to fulfil a need.
- Working methodically, prioritising and managing tasks.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.