Student Journey Lead – £19.70ph plus holiday pay – South East London
Immediate start to 2nd September 2022
The role is responsible for supporting activities which support and improve the student experience throughout the student journey from pre-enrolment to graduation. This includes how we listen to our students and use the student voice to further enhance what we do, including promoting the varied opportunities for students to engage and contribute during their studies.
The role will include coordinating transition and welcome activities, student surveys, closing the loop on feedback and contributing to how the College uses the insights gained across the College’s programmes and services, supporting the Student Journeys Manager to deliver projects and a programme of campaigns and events across the student lifecycle.
- To support the Student Journey’s Manager to deliver the College’s student voice activity, including surveys, module evaluations, student forums, ensuring that insight is captured, shared and used to inform programme and service development.
- To coordinate and run transition and welcome activities to support students through their journey.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of an inclusive programme of engagement activity across the student lifecylcle, including targeted transitions and welcome activities.
- To run a range of events and engagement activities with students, including focus groups and questionnaires.
- To liaise with the Students’ Union in the area of events and activities.
- To develop a deep understanding of student experiences across the College’s diverse student body.
- To work closely with the Student Journeys team to promote insights from engagement activity across the student lifecycle, particularly in the design of quality assurance to focus on supporting student outcomes.
- To work with Student Journeys Manager to ensure resources are allocated across the activities, providing induction and training for coordinators and officers as necessary.
- Experience in the working on inclusive programmes to support students’ engagement across student lifecycle.
- Experience of working collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver events.
- Experience of survey promotion and analysis.
- Experience of supervising staff and managing workloads.
- Experience on contributing to design of internal quality assurance processes.
- Experience of allocating resources across a team based on an operating cycle.
- Understanding of the Higher Education landscape, the importance of student experience and the drivers for improvement.
- Able to work to an operating plan, ensuring that milestones are reached.
- Excellent written and oral communication and to produce clear, concise, informative documentation.
- Ability to work with others to contribute to designing innovative and engaging programmes and content.
- Ability to plan and manage small projects and cyclical work patterns, ensuring the effective use of resources.
- Good IT skills across Microsoft Office suite and a willingness to learn new packages as required.
- Experience of proactively advancing equality for diverse student and / or staff communities (for example, black and ethnic minority people, disabled people, people of diverse faith backgrounds, LGBTQ+ people and other marginalised groups).
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.