Study Abroad and Placements Administrator – £15.32ph plus Hol Pay – Remote until September
Start ASAP to the end of December 2021
We are recruiting for an experienced Study Abroad and Placements Administrator to join one of London’s leading Universities. If you have previous experience gained within a Higher Education institute in a similar post, such as Programme Administration, we’d love to hear from you!
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The postholder will provide support to the School’s Study Abroad programme for both incoming and outgoing students and will arrange community and hospital placements for undergraduate students. The main areas of the role are:
- To provide administrative support to the School’s Study Abroad programme
- To provide administrative support to students and staff in relation to the placements
- To provide administrative support to School committees
- To provide administrative support for other areas of the School’s taught programmes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Study Abroad Students
- To provide information and advice on the structure and content of the School’s teaching programmes and relevant policies for Study Abroad students at undergraduate, postgraduate and research level
- To ensure that all incoming Study Abroad students are provided with details of admissions and induction information and to act as the first point of contact for Study Abroad students joining the School
- To work with the Study Abroad Tutor and Study Abroad office to ensure that the correct partnership agreements are in place between Erasmus and other partner institutions and the department and to ensure that incoming and outgoing placements are arranged in accordance with these agreements
- To conduct the engagement monitoring process for all Study Abroad students
- To work with incoming applicants and academic staff to arrange placements for Study Abroad students
- To provide administrative support to the Study Abroad Tutor in organising the Study Abroad programme for students at the School who wish to spend a period of time abroad (i.e. Erasmus and other exchange programmes etc.) including selection of suitable students through interviews
- To assist with the production of information for incoming and outgoing Study Abroad students ensuring outgoing students in particular are provided information about the scheme in a range of formats; handbooks, VLE, websites and giving presentations
- To act as the first point of contact for outgoing Study Abroad students whilst they are abroad and referring any problems to the Study Abroad Tutor
- To act as the first point of contact for staff, students and external partners for all administrative matters in relation to placements in hospitals and community pharmacies
- To support placement allocation activities under the guidance of the Programme Director and Module Leaders including the subdivision of the cohort into placement and workshop groups ensuring that there are no overlaps between groups
- To organise and coordinate the joint teaching session for the department ensuring that there are no timetabling clashes
- To ensure that all Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Occupational Health checks have been completed and to provide information to placement providers as appropriate and in line with Data Protection requirements
- To develop appropriate systems for the recording of student placement activity and to provide periodic updates on placements activity to the Programme Director
- To resolve issues, problems and queries from students and staff and exercise judgment in referring more complex matters to senior staff
- To provide administrative support to committees including organising meetings, preparing agendas and papers, taking minutes and following up action points.
- To participate in internal and external meetings and working groups as required.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of using word processing, spreadsheets, email, databases and web browsers.
- Experience of working in an administrative role within Higher Education, focusing on programme or admissions support.
- Experience of using a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) such as Moodle.
- Experience of committee work and minute-taking.
- Excellent administrative and customer service skills and a proactive and timely approach to providing a quality support service to staff and students.
- Experience of working independently and managing priorities whilst also being an active member of a team, supporting colleagues and contributing to the effective operation of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a good eye for presentation and layout.
- Excellent numeracy and data management skills and the ability to present data in an accurate and accessible format.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and stakeholders from around the world.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.