Teaching and Learning Administrator x2 - £16.13ph Plus Holiday Pay – London
Duration: 9 weeks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organise events and work with team members to support joint events e.g. student induction week, exam board arrangements, student parties.
- Monitor student engagement, coursework submissions & distributions, time- tables and collate student load data. Also, update Moodle & handbooks regularly.
- Actively participate in the team activities led by the team manager or deputy team manager for improving service standards and streamlining administrative processes.
- Act as Secretary to relevant teaching committees and exam boards, provide agendas, take minutes and follow up actions as required.
Admissions and Outreach
- Support all aspects of the marketing and recruitment to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Deal with prospective/current student enquiries via telephone, email and in person.
- Support the organisation of keep warm activities such as post offer UCAS and UG & PG open days.
- Maintain prospective students and induction web pages.
- Support the Central Admissions Office with undergraduate applications and to liaise with Admissions Tutors over borderline and complex cases.
- Provide support with PGTA recruitment across various modules, updating the records throughout the year, constantly liaise with TAs /academics /Staffing team as needed and help with right to work checks etc.
- Share responsibility for covering the Teaching Office reception.
- Provide reciprocal cover for other Teaching Administrators during periods of sickness and annual leave.
- Provide support and advice to new members of the Teaching and Learning support team.
- Experience of working in a student related role in a UK Higher Education Institution
- Work accurately and to deadline, prioritising tasks successfully.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of MS Office (particularly Word and Excel), MS Teams, SharePoint, and the use of internet.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Building rapport and being comfortable with others across difference cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to respond to colleague, student and academic needs with the intention to provide an excellent service.
- Flexibility to respond to a changing environment.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.