Teaching Programmes Administrator – £15.32ph plus Hol Pay – Hybrid
Start immediately to Christmas 2021 initially
Three days on campus, two days remote
We are recruiting for an experienced Teaching Programmes Administrator to join one of London's leading Universities. If you have previous experience gained within a Higher Education institute, we'd love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To proactively manage the administration of postgraduate taught degree programmes (MSc)
- To provide administrative support to the Programme Directors.
- To coordinate activities of the taught degree programmes and participate in regular cross-institution meetings, advisory boards and other events.
- To respond to enquiries about the taught degree programmes.
- To service teaching-related committees as required.
- To manage the module selection approval process.
- Maintain student records.
Marketing & Communications
- Working with the Communications and Marketing team, to assist with the marketing and promotion of taught programmes as required, including organising and participating in marketing events (e.g. open days, virtual open days).
- To update/maintain student mailing and photo lists.
- To act as a first point of contact for enquirers and applicants and provide information on admissions procedures, regulations etc.
- Manage the admissions process.
- To maintain records of prospective and current students and generate reports.
- To disseminate information to students prior to programme commencement regarding induction processes, welcome events etc.
- To support students as they commence their studies by providing guidance on systems and services through an induction programme.
- To ensure students are set up with all necessary systems and services such as library access, email, Institute access and inclusion on appropriate mailing lists.
Curriculum, Assessment and Progression
- To work with academics to deliver an excellent student experience.
- To maintain up-to-date and accurate Programme Handbooks.
- To participate in the annual Academic Review and ensure that programme and module information is correct and up-to-date.
- To support the assessment procedures of the programmes including handling the submission of course and project work, supporting examination procedures, coordinating marking process, recording marks and processing marks.
- To monitor progression of students and assist in exams process.
- To support quality management and enhancement procedures including Student Evaluation Questionnaires and the Annual Student Experience Review.
- Assist in maintaining programmes on Virtual Learning Environment webpages for all programmes.
- To provide support to academic staff in using E-learning technology.
- To provide support for professional accreditation of programmes, as relevant.
- To arrange course field trips and other course events as required.
- Provide reports on student admission statistics for management meetings.
- To be responsible for engagement monitoring processes for the designated programmes.
- To establish and conduct surveys for all current students as required.
- Assist with any reporting exercises including, annual reviews, the student load exercise etc.
- To organise the programme timetables, using timetabling software and ensure adequate rooms are booked.
- To process payments for external lecturers and teaching activities.
- To monitor expenditure for the programmes.
- To assist the teaching manager with the audit of teaching programmes
Careers, Alumni & Professional Development
- To conduct a leaver feedback process and maintain records and links with alumni.
- Disseminate career and personal development opportunities to students.
- Knowledge of HE education strategies, structures and processes, as well as quality management and assurance practices.
- Experience of administration in a relevant higher education setting (e.g. administration of a taught educational programme; student-facing administration).
- Excellent IT skills and a proven competency in the use of Microsoft Office, databases and web-based applications.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills (including accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of people, including the ability to interact effectively and regularly with a wide range of staff and students in a teaching and learning context.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload in a proactive manner to meet time-critical schedules.
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to deal with high volumes of processing while maintaining accuracy.
- Familiarity with SITS (or similar student records systems) and CMIS (or similar timetabling/room booking system).
- Attention to detail – you will be able to maintain high levels of accuracy.
- An excellent team player, supportive of other members of the team.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.