Training and Conferences Officer £29,000pa – Central London
Start: ASAP Temp to Perm. Working for dynamic charity working to transform the live’s of young people. We are looking for an efficient, hardworking and proactive Training and Conferences Officer to work as part of a team to help administer and coordinate our trainings and events. The role would suit a candidate with strong administration experience in a similar setting who is looking for a step up in their career. The role would ideally suit a strong Administrator/Coordinator who has experience of working in a busy environment within an events or not-for-profit organisation. We would also consider a self-motivated, focussed individual with a strong interest to develop a career within the events or voluntary sector.
The Centre delivers a wide range of training and conferences, aimed mainly at mental health and allied professionals and are core to the Centre’s mission of disseminating skills in innovative practice, as well as being a way of generating income. The trainings last between one and nine days and are held both online via Zoom and Blackboard, in the Centre’s training rooms (when it is safe enough to do so) and externally in various settings. The training content ranges from teaching specific therapeutic methods for working with people to helping professionals gain deeper understanding of types of patient behaviour through research methods.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative and practical support to the Training, Conferences and Events team to ensure the successful running of the training delivered online and inhouse by the Centre (e.g. liaising with delegates, distributing pre and post event materials, co-ordinating with tutors, setting up Zoom meetings and facilitating trainings online, emailing login details for meetings, meeting and greeting delegates, ordering catering, preparing handouts, maintaining progress records, sharing feedback and certificates);
- Set up online trainings and facilitate the start of sessions and be available to tutors for any questions during trainings;
- Book travel and accommodation for course tutors when required;
- Oversee and act as administrative lead for certain training programmes;
- Respond to a high volume of e-mail and phone enquiries relating to training and conferences;
- Provide administrative support to course tutors (e.g. updating and branding documents, provide Zoom user guide sessions to tutors);
- Assist with setting up AV equipment in the training rooms;
- Scheduling course dates, setting up contracts and booking rooms;
- Process course bookings, distribute invoices and monitor payments for training and conferences;
- Update the training and conferences webpages;
- When necessary, provide cover to other team members;
- Where necessary, be responsible for organising specific course team meetings, writing agendas, taking minutes and sharing these minutes;
- Administering, distributing and collecting feedback for trainings.
- The post-holder will be required to have a DBS disclosure which the employer will apply for.
- Experience of multitasking;
- Experience of office administration;
- Experience of online delivery platforms;
- Experience of coordinating a project to a high standard;
- Experience of organising events;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Experience of liaising with suppliers to book/order services;
- Experience of working with professionals and/or volunteers at various levels;
- Experience of using databases, any experience with Raiser’s Edge would be helpful;
- Experience of using online platforms such as Blackboard, Zoom and Microsoft Teams;
- Experience of working with professionals and/or volunteers at various levels.
- Proven record of ability to manage time effectively and work to strict deadlines;
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Excellent attention to detail and good record-keeping;
- Ability to work flexibly with staff and volunteers;
- Advanced IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage own databases and use own initiative to set up efficient administrative systems
- Understanding of and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise conflicting deadlines with little supervision;
- Proactive approach to problem solving with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.