Website Content Editor - £16.65ph plus hol pay – Hybrid role
Start ASAP to middle of June 2022 initially, possible extension
* Hybrid role – two / three days per week office based in Central London, remaining days remote *
- Work closely with the Web and Digital Manager to manage content, edits and permissions on the website, the intranet and external research project sites.
- Manage content for research projects and groups – work with academics to help setup websites and advise on content.
- Keep a record of all research projects and groups with a web presence, including contact, project length and domains.
- Log development requests for the website and discuss priorities with the Web and Digital Manager.
- Manage centre websites, training editors and advising on content.
- Help staff with editing issues (Drupal, Wordpress and SharePoint), profile page issues (Gateway), and content requests.
- Work with content owners across the University to edit, and migrate existing content to the new content management system (Drupal).
- Produce analytics reports for research groups, centres, Registry, Student Recruitment and other teams when required.
- Create and design infographics for the wider Communications and Engagement team when required.
- Assist with basic video editing for the wider Communications and Engagement team when required (eg when Multimedia team are unavailable).
- Ensure content across the site is of a high quality, accessible and meets web writing and style guidelines.
- Train content owners in good web practice, and in the use of the content management systems (Drupal and Wordpress).
- Assist project groups in migrating content from external websites into the School website.
- Assist in the management of the digital asset library (Asset Bank).
- Experience of using content management systems.
- Strong copywriting / editing skills.
- Experience of Drupal and/or WordPress.
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience of Image editing using Photoshop or similar.
- Experience of working in an educational or public sector environment.
- Experience in training web users.
- Excellent understanding of good web writing practice.
- Knowledge of user experience principles.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of web accessibility guidelines.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics and Tag Manager.
- A strong customer focus – demonstrating a thorough understanding of customer needs.
- Collaborative and flexible approach and ability to work well and effectively with all colleagues.
- Ability to manage own workload and competing priorities in order to meet deadlines.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.